4/1/09

Chinless wonders, concave kneecaps, and humongous honkers

Hello, Heatherty Featherty fans! I'm Marci, from Marci's Musings, and Heather and I are shaking things up for April Fool's Day...she's the guest blogger over at my blog and I'm on hers today! We are two wild and crazy chickaroos, let me tell you!

Without further ado...

You know how we all have parts of our bodies that we don't like at all? What I think is interesting is how we obsess over our own flaws, but how others most likely don't even notice them.

Case in point: while out to lunch with some girlfriends awhile back, one of my friends said she hates how huge her nose is. Now I've known this friend for five years and honestly have never noticed the size of her honker. So I discreetly inspected her nose and you know what? It's not a pug, tiny nose, but it's also not out-of-control-run-and-get-a-nose-job-right-now big.

Another friend proclaimed years ago that she hates that she was born without a chin. Chinless! I threw my neck out getting a look at this person's no-chin, only to discover that she does, indeed, have a chin, right where it's supposed to be. It's no Leno chin (thank goodness, right?) and maybe a little smaller than average, but nothing that ever stood out to me in the 17 years I've known her.

And yet another girlfriend said she hates her concave knees. What the??? Never noticed that in our 12+ years of friendship. But I can't wait until I see her in shorts again. You can guarantee I will seriously be checking out her knees! You can also guarantee that her knee caps don't actually cave in, but for maybe just a tiny bit.

I could go on and on with more examples, but I think you get the point. I guess the next time any of us are obsessing over a body part that we don't like, and you know there will be a next time, we should just keep in mind that the rest of the world doesn't notice our imperfections, since they are too busy obsessing over their own.

**To view Heather's post over at Marci's Musings, click here. Thanks for reading and have a fabulous April 1!!!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

LOL--I hate my ashy knees. There ain't NO denying that.

My husband is chinless, sadly, and he passed on his chinlessness onto our oldest son. Way to go, honey.

:)

Mick Dobra said...

Great job, Marci. Gave me a good laugh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...