4/8/09

Do you like Lilly Pulitzer? And skinny legs?

I've totally sunk to a new low. I ordered Fit Flops from Piperlime and they came today. I have actually resorted to a flip-flop to help me get in shape. Except they're not flip-flops, they're Fit Flops, it's totally different.




They're kinda weird, too. It's like walking on a big semi-circle paddle or something.

I'll let you all know what I think after wearing these paddles around for a few months, whether or not my legs become toned and thin? I would take a before and after shot, but the sheer blinding whiteness of my legs today might make your monitor explode or something, so I won't. Plus I didn't shave.

And can I just say, to the ad agency who works for Fit Flops, that nobody walks their dog in a long-sleeved shirt and swimsuit bottoms? In the city? That's just weird. Everyone stopped doing that in like 2003.


In other news, do you like Lilly Pulitzer's clothes? All the pink and green and flowers and Key West preppy cuteness? Well, I found a bunch of cute Lilly dresses at my nice TJMaxx store (but not at the yucky ones) and rumor has it you could probably find some at yours, too. So that means you can get a dress that retailed at Nordstrom's for $328 for $59.99. Not too shabby, eh?
Now that's what I call getting the maxx for the minimum.

Lilly must be super short because her dresses all hit me just below my underpants, or somewhere near where the girls in the Fit Flops ads are wearing their shirts. But I still think they're cute and if I wasn't 5'11" I would totally wear them in the summer!

But not with my new ugly Fit Flops. These bad dogs are only good for khaki shorts and t-shirts.


Heather

4 comments:

Marci said...

I am laughing about your comments on the fit flop ads! So true, seriously, who would wear that get-up in public?!! Interesting fit flop shoes. I have never, ever heard of them.
Glad vinegar threat is working. It worked wonders for us! I used to haul the jug with me everywhere for a while there.

Angela said...

You are getting funnier by the post! (Saw you and Coop over on chatting at the sky in your new avatar, BTW!) :)

Heather said...

Ohhh, I got that email from Piperlime talking about fitflops and I'm dying of curiosity.... And I am loving your blog! So I put you on my blogroll. :)

Amber said...

Heather! Are they the bronze? 'Cause I got 'em too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...