4/4/09

I got a new dog

Happy late April Fool's. I did get a new dog, but I think he's going to give me a lot less trouble than Binnie does. On second thought, he may actually be harder to keep alive.

I bought this topiary form on clearance at Target when I was on maternity leave with Cooper. So he sat outside, stuffed with pine cones and fake moss for three years while I did nothing with him.

He was a hit with the kids, though. Every child that has ever come here has hung out with the doggie.

Finally yesterday I bought the sheet moss and elfin thyme and got him all planted up.



I hope it works! I've never been brave enough to do topiary before, it seemed like too much work. But really, it wasn't hard. The growing might be a lot harder.

Heather

1 comments:

Marci said...

That reminds me of ch-ch-chia! You know, those shapes you plant grass in?
No, seriously, it's cute. I can believe it is a hit with children. You'll have to keep us updated in pictures on how it grows.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...