Once again, I've spent way too much time this morning browsing through creative blogs.
I was reading Little Birdie Secrets' blog this morning, and I learned that May 3-9 is Teacher Appreciation Week. My kids go to daycare-slash-preschool but the girls there are called "teachers" too, so I am going to be stitching up a bunch of Appreciation gifts for them. The hardest part is there are a LOT of teachers! So their presents will be smallish - little lipstick bags, Kleenex carriers, and crayon rolls.
Then I stumbled across the Shabby Blogs site that offers all of their stuff up for FREE! Yes, you too can have a shabby blog design and pay nothing for it. Check it out.
And through that site I found the Pink Fig designer's blog, and she's one of the most creative seamstresses and designers I've run into lately, in addition to all the textile designers that I am in love with like Amy Butler and Heather Bailey and Jennifer Paganelli and Anna Maria Horner. I'd love to add my artistic friend Mary Jo to that roll; maybe I need to convince her to go back to textile designing?
Anyhoodle, I hope those sites bring some inspiration to you all, or maybe they'll lead you to other blogs that change your world for the day. Me, I'll be spending some time on a conference call, daydreaming of my sewing projects and summer weather.
**To celebrate my renewed love of many things creative and textiley, I'm going to have a FABULOUS GIVEAWAY next week. I think I'll post it up on Monday, so be sure to check back and see what it is! Even I am excited, and I sort of know what it is already!**
**And in case you missed it, you must check out FUP today. This one made me belly laugh well after I was done reading it for some reason. Gary? Who thinks of that?! Genius.
- H
4/17/09
More creativity floweth, plus a GIVEAWAY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
OH! Ah! Thank you for sharing Shabby Blogs especially! Such fun to be had! I even thanked your publicly on my blog: http://brainyandbeautiful.blogspot.com/2009/04/shabby-blogs.html
Changed up my blog, thanks to you. Love it.
Note to self.... be sure to check Heather's blog next week regularly so I don't miss out on the giveaway. She has impecable tastes so I must be involved.... MJ
Oh, and I'm so excited about your upcoming giveaway!!!
Gifts for teachers don't have to be expensive at all. A heartfelt note about the great care your children receive would be so cherished by them. My blog is all teacher appreciation all the time if you need more ideas.
Oh man so excited for the Shabby Blog!! :)
Post a Comment