4/10/09

Pinafore? Check.

I made my first little girl's pinafore today, and it is so cute the cuteness hurts! Originally I wanted to make a reversible pinafore. It turned out more like a lined pinafore, but it's still cute.

Griffie is less impressed than I am.


I didn't have a pattern, so I was the engineer on this project and engineering is perhaps not my best subject. I was an English major.

And then I decided to torture myself because I felt I simply could not make this dress without adding the adorable whipstitch piping along the neckline and the armholes. Which created an entirely new dilemna in that I couldn't make it truly reversible. So then I tortured myself with the tiny armholes and figuring out how to turn the last one while keeping the piping straight and letting the curve turn.

It wasn't easy and I'm not super happy with how it turned out, but for a prototype it's not bad!

I still have to painstakingly create buttonloops for the tiny pearl buttons that go on the shoulder so that ought to have me cussing as much as the armholes did earlier. Good times!

I finally got to put a dress on one of my kids, so it was all worth it.


I also made an adorable skirt for myself and as soon as I fix the trim on the bottom I'll snap some pics and show you all. I love it, it was a Fat & Sassy kit!

Heather

3 comments:

Marci said...

Oh, that is funny that you put your baby boy in a dress. He looks quite adorable in it, too, except for his shirt under does not match. Very, very cute pinafore. I wish I could sew. You sew, you write, you garden, you decorate...is there anything you can't do, Super Heather?

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! The dress is cute too. :P

I love it.

Shannon said...

so cute! at least you didn't put a bow in his hair too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...