4/7/09

When I'm in a bad mood, Target cheers me up

I don't know what it is about being in a Target store that makes me feel good, but it does. Maybe they pipe something into the air circulator that goes straight to my brain and works on my mood?

I was feeling exceptionally crapbag this morning so I entered my nearest Target and wandered around until I felt better.

On the way, I noticed their genius designers have stocked the shelves with more cute things.

Like these sandals. I was in Dillards a few weeks ago and they had an entire display of sandals with beading on them, at much higher prices than these. Like hundreds of dollars higher. So I bought these at Target and I'm happy. I'm not one to scrimp on shoes, but in this economy... hah! I just had to say that. It seems like the thing to say these days, in this economy.


They are also carrying sandals by Miss Trish of Capri, at a super great Target price. I believe you can't have too many pairs of sandals. Well, I believe you can't have too many pairs of shoes in general, but sandals are so cheap and small and take up almost no space, so why not buy what you like?
And then this pillow? Birds are everywhere. Maybe too many places, but who am I to try to swim upstream against the current of bird motifs everywhere? This pillow is also employing the super trendy, super cute robin's egg blue/chocolate brown theme also found everywhere you look. So for $24.99 you can kill two birds with one pillow. I didn't buy this because I don't have a new house to decorate with a new theme, but I would have if I did.

So if you need a little pick-me-up, and you're as ticked off as I am about the extremely cold weather (high of 38 today), maybe Target would have something to cheer you up, too.

Heather

5 comments:

The Ortega's said...

I too LOVE a pick me up trip to Target... I sure do miss Target and I want a pair of those beaded sandals!!!

Marci said...

Those sandals are fabulous! Glad Target helped you cheer up, Heather!

Shannon said...

target is the best... if after i long day with the kids i feel the need to get out for a bit, i usually go to target and walk around the store in slow motion and just look at everything. my target has a new flip flop display this year. i will have to check them out before i buy my usual from jcrew.

oh, i have been meaning to ask. do you have shoes that are on the side under your favorite things? the ones with the bow?? they now sell them at my hair salon.

Heather said...

The OkaB's?! I love them! Unfortunately they're sized S-M-L-XL and my foot seems to be in the middle of two sizes, so I buy the bigger ones and they're kinda roomy. But they're cute enough that I don't care, I wear them anyway. I love the ones with the bows, I have two of those.

emily freeman said...

That bird pillow...ahhhh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...