I forgot to post my favorite thing from this morning's shopping excursion at Target. I really was in a hazy fog of funk this morning, I tell you.
I got these adorable wedges! They were $19.99, isn't that ridiculous? If I wear them twice I'll be fine with it. They are perhaps not the most comfortable sandals I've ever bought, but for that price it's ok.
You can also see the new red pedicure here.
It's really hard to take a picture of your own foot when you're trying to capture the shoe.

If it says anything about how I was functioning this morning, I'll tell you this...I got lost on my way to the Bread Company I drive to every single morning.
I dropped the boys off at daycare and was driving through the residential neighborhood that leads to my Bread Company, when I realized I was lost. I had missed my regular turn, kept driving and didn't recognize anything and had to turn around. It was the most confusing thing to find myself lost on a street I drive every day of my life.
I had planned on driving to Springfield but after that I changed my mind and headed into my local Target store.
By the way, on a completely different note, there are a few things I can honestly say I never thought I'd be saying as a mother.
For instance:
"Don't stick anything in your pee-pee, honey."
"Take your finger out of your butt. That's yucky, now we're going to wash your hands."
"Are you picking a winner?" - reply - "No, boogers."




6 comments:
LOL!!
Those sandals are fabulous, as is your pedicure. I think I need to run to my Target tomorrow and get those shoes.
For the vinegar...pour some on a spoon and serve it to your child like medicine. Medicine to relive a sassy mouth. A friend of mine put her vinegar in a spray bottle and sprayed sassy mouths. Either way. Just don't allow him to have a drink right away. Must let the vinegar soak in for full effect.
First, the things you never thought you would say as a mother were hillarious. I would not have come up with them on my own, but can easily see myself saying those things to my boys in the not to distant future.
Love the wedge sandals, but still prefer the beaded ones. Got this quote in my in-box right after reading your post. Thought it fit nicely:
"To be happy, it first takes being comfortable in your own shoes. The rest can work up from there."
―Sophia Bush
My favorite thing about this post is the picture of your shoe and that critter. I almost died laughing. :)
I drop Jack off at preschool 2 mornings a week for 2.5 hours. There is a really nice Super Target right by there... I can seriously spend my whole 2.5 hours at Target and still be rushing to get back to preschool in time! And I don't even clothes shop there much! (well, ya know, due to the fact that I'm smuggling a basketball these days.)
I HEART Target! (and it's Minnesota company I believe)
so tonight at bathtime i thought of you when i told mason to not stick his fingers in his butt... the human body is very interesting!!!
WOW - so these are a few of the sayings I should begin to work into my vocabulary for when the time comes. YIKES!!
PS - Cute shoes...looks like I must put a trip to Tigity into my errands for the weekend.
Post a Comment