I read a comment on one of my posts from my sweet friend, MJ, today. In it she wrote "sixteen more days" until the arrival of her second and final baby boy.
I have been thinking about those words all day. Sixteen days!
Sixteen days until her life, her husband's life, her sons' lives, will never be the same again.
Sixteen days until her heart grows the size of a watermelon in a split second.
Sixteen days until her boobs also grow the size of watermelons over a period of two days.
Sixteen days until she gets to lie in a hospital bed and let nurses fawn all over her.
Sixteen days until she listens for that beep beep beep on the monitor they've turned down to a hush.
Sixteen days until she says "oh my goodness, that was so much easier than the first time!"
Sixteen days while her first baby Jack is still an Only Child.
Sixteen days until Jack's life will forever be changed when he meets his baby brother.
Sixteen days until all of the planning and thinking and waiting and waiting and waiting is over.
Sixteen days to go.
Sixteen days to sleep.
And sixteen days for Heather to finish MJ's care package and get it sent off. So much fun! So sweet. Enjoy these last sixteen days, MJ, your heart is about to grow bigger than a watermelon. You'll need your rest for it.
- H
5/16/09
16 days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
that was so nice... i can't wait to hear all about baby joey!!!
Okay...quit making me cry!!!
Darn you with no Sunday confession today. I'll have to save it. I actually have one this week. ;)
Oh Heather this was so sweet! You are soo right on all accounts - hopefully the easier labor one too :) LOL.
Ooohh and a special Heatherty Featherty care package?! I can't wait! Just like I can't wait to recieve the package of my last baby. Thanks so much for your support and encouragement! MJ
Post a Comment