5/17/09

The garden party

This week in the garden...

My Abraham Darby rose (name finally remembered whilst typing yesterday's post).


This is the rose that started out as a cabbage English rose, and after I uprooted it this is what sprung forth from the land. I don't like it. It's in my Mediterranean HOT HOT HOT garden of all blues and yellows, so it clearly doesn't "go."

Rhodies. Temperamental pains in the butt. Good thing they're pretty and evergreen.

Wild orchids. Not wild, not orchids.

I'm doing a pot of nasturtiums this summer. They ought to die off sometime in June from the atrocious heat.

Irises are so pretty. So so so pretty and fluffy and lovely. Can you believe my next door neighbor doesn't like irises? What's wrong with her? Eh. What does she know, she doesn't shave her legs.

He's still on duty.


This year I've done a blue and yellow theme in my containers. Loving it.


Clematis. Always bothers me when people pronounce it CLEM-uh-tiss, although that's correct. I prefer the incorrect clem-AH-tiss.

Remember my baby astilboides? They're coming along quite nicely, thank you very much.


Thanks for going on my tour with me.

- H

3 comments:

Marci said...

Lovely tour! Wish you could come landscape for me~
I enjoy it, but I'm not as good at it as you are.

Heather said...

I'll come help you when you're ready. I love it.

Mary Jo said...

Amazing! So what are some of your favorite shade tolerant plants? We inherited a yard with pretty decent landscaping but it could use some more. Unfortunately we have TONS of shade (seriously I'm going to have to dig up my front yard when I want a veggie garden).
(OK so I have to share my word verification word again... it's obsess - LOL, good for a post on one of your hobbies!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...