5/12/09

I do make things for boys, you know

I just hadn't finished any of my boy projects yet. I finally whipped up two pairs of jams for Griffin tonight so I thought I'd share the pics.



Remember jams? From the eighties, when everyone's hair was super big and we all loved Michael Jackson?

Yeah, good times.

"WHAT? You people actually liked Michael Jackson?!" You can hear him saying that, can't you?

Yes, we liked him. I even had a poster on my wall, back when he had the curl in his hair and his [semi]original nose. He was wearing a yellow sweater vest. *sigh*

{sings to herself} PYT... pretty young thing....

Here's the other cool thing - I tried out the freezer paper project I'd been wanting to do and it rocks!

It's totally easy and it really spiced up these camo shorts. Shorts on a taller child, pants on my shortstop. I painted a griffin onto the side of one of his legs in black. I think it adds a certain je ne se quais? Je ne se something in Fronch?


The best part about freezer paper projects is you don't have to be able to sew to do them. You just have to be able to cut and paint. And iron. Not too hard, eh? I'll post up a tute soon with the start-to-finish excitement. Can't wait.

Then I got my first edition of Ottobre for summer and there are some way cool shorts for boys so I'm going to totally get into sewing for them. Finally. I can't wait to be able to post pics of the ideas floating in my head.

Alrighty-oh, friends and neighbors, back to the machines....

- H

7 comments:

Marci said...

Any time you post pics of Griffin, I just wish I could squish him. Is he so very squishable in real life? Cute, cute, cute.
As usual, great sewing, Heather!!!

Angela said...

I love the griffin on the pants!

I must admit to liking some Michael Jackson back in the day.

The boys looked adorable in their tie shirts on Mother's Day. As soon as I start feeling a little better (on the upswing but now have to play catch up with my life), I will post some pics.

:)

Heather said...

Griffie is totally squishy! The mostest squishiest baby I've ever had. And that look on his face in the first two pictures seems to be a permanent fixture lately. I love it.

kori bates said...

Ah boy things...I have one of those too...LOL He likes girlie things too.....Just kidding!

Anonymous said...

Mmm, Griffie is adorable. The pants/shorts are cute too. :)

I had a brilliant "boy" sewing project idea for you -- CAPES! Oh, how Ben would love a superhero cape. There are a few gorgeous ones on Etsy, but they are $$$. I bet you can whip some up for your boys from your stash in a flash!

Shannon said...

what a cute model!!! those are adorable!

Amber said...

Heather, I loved MJ.

But what I really wanted to say is that your writing makes me laugh, every.time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...