5/1/09

Jillian Michaels is the devil

I grew up Lutheran so the Devil really doesn't play a big part in my life or my religion. Until today. I have had a sudden epiphany.

The Devil exists, and his name is Jillian Michaels.

I bought the 30-Day Shred. I shredded myself this morning.

Honestly? I thought Big Mama and Boo Mama were exaggerating the pain. Seriously, how could a twenty minute workout that rotates between weights, abs and cardio be that freaking hard? That's what I thought.

Uh, let me just tell you that it can be that hard, and I am in that much pain. My muscles are actually a little quivery. And then she [THE DEVIL] has the nerve just when I wanted to skip one jumping jack to berate me for NOT TAKING A BREAK DURING A TWENTY-MINUTE WORKOUT, YOU WUSSY!

So I guess I recommend it, if masochism is your thing. And flat abs. And quivery muscles.

I guess I'll keep it up. I should probably write down my stats from today, and then compare them in a month when I'm sufficiently shredded, right? That would be the smart thing to do, I guess.

- H

7 comments:

Jericia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brett Havekost said...

How about posting the stats here so we can all watch and cheer you on?

Angela said...

LOL that your brother wants you to publish your stats. Just like a brother. Sure, sure...we'll cheer you on... ;)

Matthew and I are actually going to start the 30-Day Shred next week in preparation for our beach trip in six weeks. We've actually done one day of the workout (a few months ago) b/c it was on our Comcast On Demand. We thought we were going to die. Why am I doing it again? Meh..for one, at least it's good blog material.

Mary Jo said...

Hmmm I'll have to ask you about this workout again in another 3-4 months. It sounds crazy! And she is such an intense person.... she scare a pound or 2 off me!

K.H. said...

Wanted to let you know my super-cute prizes arrived yesterday. My purse is suitably decked out and awaiting Miss Snidely. And -- this cracked me up -- my kids said, "Mom!! There's tissues AND crayons, too! She didn't say you'd get the tissues and crayons, too! Wow. She's NICE." I have to agree. You're NICE!

Marci said...

I won't be trying that workout, no siree. Sounds like zero fun. I will, however, cheer you on like crazy. GO HEATHER! You can do it! Woo-hoo! Yee-haw!

mizjld said...

that's great Heather, the DEVIL, I love it. A friend of mine is a personal trainer and he has been on me and my hubby to do this, but...I told him Josh, I can't do it from the wheelchair, you know I'm still in it from the foot surgery, only 4 more months to go.
He said he would find me "the handi-cap,wheelchair workout and he will shoot it to me in an e-mail. ha!ha! seriously, I bet it's great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...