You know what it feels like to long for a baby? To yearn with a yearning that makes your throat catch a little bit when you think about it?
I actually haven't been longing for another baby lately, not for a long time. But I ran across this blog post this morning, and the two pictures at the end of it perfectly capture that feeling for me.
These pics, these are what it's like to yearn for a baby. Yearn is a very strange word.
What do you think? Is it just me? Am I the only one who looks at these pictures and gets a little catch in her throat for babies and their sweety sweetness?
Why all the baby talk and sweet nothings about little people? Cause I finished this project this morning whilst everyone in my household was sleeping and I have fallen in love.




I used a retro pattern from when I was a wee babe, some adorable Heather Ross banana bicycle fabric, orange and white whip stitch piping, and it is simply the most adorable thing ever.
I'll be listing it on Etsy soon, I just need to have my model come home and try it on later today for size. Patterns back before 'Nam were labeled 1/2, 2, 3, 4, which means absolutely nothing in today's sizing nomenclature. That word was for Angela, I thought she'd appreciate it.
I'll be listing it on Etsy soon, I just need to have my model come home and try it on later today for size. Patterns back before 'Nam were labeled 1/2, 2, 3, 4, which means absolutely nothing in today's sizing nomenclature. That word was for Angela, I thought she'd appreciate it.
- H



6 comments:
Oh, that is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. It looks like about a 2T...
Seriously, I do not know how you find the time for all your amazing creations. It is lovely and I agree that it look 2Tish.
Super cute! And yes those baby pics do make your heart melt. I thin it is the intimacy of a mom and a baby that they reflect that really gets you. Or I suppose for me it could just be that I'll be experiencing that (for the last time :( - in about, oh 16 days.
Nomenclature!!! You're awesome.
I knew what this post would be about as soon as I saw the title. (((HUGS))) I really hope you get to have at least one more baby in life. You totally are such a good mommy.
Sooo, that little top is the cutest ever! Your amazing sewing abilities are inspiring me to blow the dust off of my Singer. I love vintage, retro fabrics and everything you've been making has me all happy and envious at the same time.
Amy, I'll send you the pattern piece for that top if you promise to dust off your sewing machine! It's super easy.
Post a Comment