Tonight as I was putting Cooper to bed, he forgot I was still in the room. This happens fairly often. He'll start whispering, as though that act alone would keep me from hearing what he's saying.
"Mommy, can you cover me up with blue blankie?"
"Sure, honey. Here you go." [I covered him up with blue blankie.]
The whispering begins:
"Oh, that's nice.
It's fresh.
I can feel my fingers.
On my boobs."
At this point, he dissolved into a fit of giggles and I had to remind him I was still there.
I finished my Anna Tunic (Amy Butler pattern) tonight. By finished, I mean I did everything but the hem. That's a Heather version of finished. 98%.
I really like it. It's very fitted {ok, its really super tight} in the armholes, that's the only criticism I have for it, but I could stand to lose a few pounds, so....
Amy's patterns are so spot on it's amazing. All of the pieces go together so nicely it's easy to forget that most patterns aren't that well engineered. Here's the one thing that really irks me. There are no freaking pictures of all of the versions of the shirt. No drawings, nothing. By the photos on the pattern sleeve the tunic/top/dress/tent looks like it's all hidden stitching when LO! there are actually topstitches involved. Can't see 'em in the pattern pictures.
[Side note: I went looking for people who have made other Amy Butler patterns and happened upon one of the funniest blogs of crafty people that has ever made me laugh outloud, loud enough for my husband to remember I'm in the house and ask me what's so funny. It's here, if you care to open a new tab and read some of her posts. The one on crazy spring weather made me LOL so much I teared up a little.}



This will be fun to wear this summer. White bermudas. Margaritas. It's fresh.
-H
5/14/09
I made Amy Butler's Anna Tunic and all I got was this lousy blog post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Very cute--love the buttons and colors!!
that came out great!!! it would even look cute as a dress if it was longer...
Soooo cute! Your arms are friggin skinny! I hate you...that is, as a short stumpy girl who is envious of all tall, skinny women! LOL!!
That is adorable! Why bermudas? Is it too short to wear as a dress? I love it. Oh, I can't wait until you see all of the fabric!!!!
Post a Comment