5/6/09

She's back

Oh happy day, Artista is back where she belongs, in my room on my sewing table.


So yeah, whereas yesterday I was a half a woman, today I am whole again. OK, maybe 95%. But close enough, eh?

Other than that, I got nothin.

I've been told I'll have BIG NEWS tomorrow morning sometime, so that's exciting and nerve-wracking and nauseating all at the same time.

While I wait, I figured I'd post some boring pictures of recent projects completed. Did you know there's actually a reason why I'm sewing like a woman possessed? Yes, it's too keep my mind off of things I can't control.
One of my readers has two girls that love twirly skirts. I finished one and made a gigantic mistake on the second one so it's not done yet, but in process. This one will be so cute with a white tee over it.

A friend of mine, Angela, has two little boys. Benjamin is her youngest, he turned one last week and his present (from me) is a little late. I had this idea for a boy's t-shirt floating around in my head and decided to test it out on Benjamin and his big brother Andrew. I think they're cute! Made with real neckties, too.


This week is (was) Teacher Appreciation Week. So I made the eight teachers in my sons' pre-school/daycare little Amy Butler zippered bags with goodies for their car or purse. Things I think you need to have on hand, just in case.
Guess who's finally getting some height? Touching the footboard is a big deal.


- H

7 comments:

kori bates said...

I can not wait to put pictures up! I am so freaking excited!!!!!!

Mary Jo said...

Big news? Curious... Glad you have your sewing machine back!

Angela said...

Oh my gosh. Big news. Scary.

But the necktie t-shirts? My eyes are totally teary. Those are great! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! You are amazing. And not just at sewing.

HUGS!

Jill said...

Super cute skirt! and great idea for the teachers!
Blessings!

Shannon said...

i love that skirt!!! so cute!

the teachers will all love you! that is a perfect gift!!!

Marci said...

As a teacher, I can tell you that those are absolutely perfect and fabulous gifts!! I LOVE the green skirt and the necktie onesies! I totally agree with Angela--you're amazing, and not just at sewing.
I see bright things in your future, for sure...

Meffy said...

Love Love Love the necktie shirts. Copywrite that! You could sell a ton of those.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...