You may recall that for my son's third birthday he got two fish and a fishtank. Franklin and Bootie. Well, RIP Franklin and Bootie, I hope your time in the big fishtank in the sky is more pleasant than your time here with us.
After their unpleasant demise, I cleaned the tank out completely and started fresh. We got a pirate ship, sure to make any fish happy and thus keep them from dying.
I got four glofish, which is like a made-up fish species that's been injected with dye, I think? Cruel, weird, but oddly brightly colored and cheerful. Two yellows and two reds. Happy little fishy family.
Until....duh duh duhhhhhhhh.
My husband brought home this guy. The first two days the fish wouldn't go anywhere near him. Would you? If you were the glofish, this snail is at least as long as you and three times as round. And he climbs into the freaking pirate ship to try to eat the sails, for crying out loud!
5/11/09
Snails are kind of weird, no?
On a completely different note, my bucket bag prototype came along quite nicely.
I wanted to make a bag out of snazzy fabric that is as close to the styling of my favorite Coach bag as I could get. Without the Coach leather and striped satin lining, of course.
This isn't quite it yet, but it's close. I am saving my nice fabric for when I feel like the design is right.

I made this one of out my retro cowboy canvas with a red and white toile interior. I love the cowboy print, but I'm an idiot and I placed it just so. Just so the trim could cut the heads off the cowboys.I think it still needs to be bigger, and I have a magnetic clasp and some snazzy ribbon but it's a pretty good start.
- H
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Funny about the fish~
LOVE your purse!! Fabulousa! Those would sell well on Etsy too, I think. Speaking of which, I will be ordering one of those cute outfits cos you said you could make them in bigger sizes? Like maybe a 7 for Jami, or would that be too big? With capris? I'll email you about it when I get a chance. Keep creating!!
Love that bag! Get those on Etsy soon so I can purchase some...great for end-of-the year teacher gifts too!
Dear Heather,
I am constantly in awe of your sewing. Seriously. You are the sewing goddess of my life! Also, I'm quite frightened of your snail. Sorry :)
Christia
The snail is QUITE scary! I'd hide in the pirate ship if I were a glofish!
I am LOVING the satchel! I so need to be on the list to order one! I'd even carry one with the headless cowboys, it's THAT cute!
As usual your latest project is great! I love the bag! You could totaly make diaper bags too and sell them on etsy. Esp. with all the cool fabrics that you collect.
Heather.........How cute..love the bag. especially love the inside pockets and zipper pocket. I have a few vera bradleys and love those inside pockets. I have this really nice sewing machine in my attic still in its box...never opened....it serges and all, so I am told by my mom that bought it for me! You keep this up I just might get it out and try to learn to use it. Those outfits are great and if you are interested in making them bigger I'd love to buy for Abby.
Oh, that bag is absolutely fantastic! When I am at Purlsoho buying fabric, what kind would I look for to make bags out of? Home dec fabric? How much?
Yes, anything in a canvas or twill that's heavier than regular cotton. They usually come 54" wide, and you only need about a yard total, half of exterior, half of interior.
Oh. My. Goodness.
I love that bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every bag needs a zippered pouch for tampons. :)
Post a Comment