6/23/09

Did I mention it's really hot?

Did I also mention that I work out of my car? And that for some odd reason all Chevy Equinoxes are delivered with broken air conditioners? Well, they're not entirely broken. The air works intermittently. Today, mine didn't work so much as not work.

This causes me great distress. Great physical distress. It causes me to completely understand postal workers who go a little loopy in this heat and deliver mail to the wrong house on purpose.


This afternoon as I was heading to pick up the kids, my car thermometer said 103*. Which means it felt something like 134*. The asphalt pavement was probably somewhere around 156*.

How do people who work outside stand this heat?! It makes me crazy.

I'm feeling badly because I shipped off a skull/geisha skirt yesterday and completely forgot to tack down the zipper lining! I sent the buyer a message, I hope she forgives me. My brain just isn't working right in this heat, I think.

I have about seventeen projects in the sweatshop right now that I'd like to finish, and no time to do it. Ironically, the sweatshop is currently the coolest room in the house.

I also learned some tricks to increasing sales on Etsy. Did you know if you relist your items regularly, you'll sell more? I always wondered how some sellers were able to chronologically list their things so quickly! It takes me forever to put together an Etsy listing. Yeah, it turns out they're not listing those things, they're renewing old listings so they pop up at the top of the list again.

The trick works, I swear by it. The problem is I've suddenly gotten a rash of requests for custom items and I just can't do them all! So for this week, and probably next, I'm going to work on finishing projects that are cut out and waiting to be put together, and get organized for my next flurry of listings. On the list of cut out and waiting, in no particular order:

  • Michelle's Anna Tunic
  • MJ and Amber's mai teis
  • Angela's skirt
  • The Birdie Sling
  • My summer top in my custom feather fabric!
  • Griffin's camper shorts
  • Cooper's skull & crossbones shorts
  • A dozen crossback tanks and shorts
  • Cindy's modified Birdie Sling
  • A swing top for the Etsy shop in the banana seat bicycles print

I used to sew every night after I'd put my oldest to bed. It was a solid hour of uninterrupted crafting. Lately that time has been used doing other things. Talking, thinking, thinking, talking, sleeping. Maybe someday I'll get that hour back again, but for now it isn't looking good.

- H

3 comments:

Christia said...

I can't wait to see all of your finished projects!! :)

Mary Jo said...

Woo Hoo a Heatherty Featherty wrap! Take your time, I'm using the bjorn right now (and the peanut shell some) - which the extra support is good for little bobble head Joey.
That's a big list of projects. Hope you find time to enjoy doing them... and hope you are doing well in other areas too. HUGS - MJ

Marci said...

Heather--where have you been? I am missing your posts greatly!! Come back!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...