I betcha there are some ladies (and one guy) reading this right now feeling like they may throw up in their mouth a little. Cause what if Heather is pregnant??!!
Nope. It's not me. I'm not with child.
One of our fishies is.
Clearly, the big yellow glofish girl is preggo. Either that, or she ate the snail (who has gone mysteriously missing, just like one of the sucker fish). She's suddenly gigantic in the belly and it's sort of dark.
What do I do with a million baby glofish? First things first, they needed a bigger house. My husband is the one who bought the first fish tank and it was only two and a half gallons. Anyone who's ever gotten serious about fishkeeping knows that's too small for a healthy tank environment.
Today I stopped at Walmart and doubled their square footage instantly. It's like they've won the Powerball and they moved into a glofish mansion or something.
I hope if she gives birth to live babies they don't eat them all right away. At least give me a chance to scoop them out in the net and let them grow in the smaller tank? But what if she gives birth to a big egg sac? That would be gross.
Why am I suddenly in the fish raising business? I don't know, I don't feel like I can just let them die. I feel like it's my duty to try to get them to thrive. I'll keep you all posted on when she delivers because I'm sure you're going to be thinking about her quite a bit. Yep. I know. Hanging on her every move.
Ah yes, very exciting stuff going on around here. Oh, and I wrecked my car this afternoon after I picked the boys up from school. Rear-ended a lady who was very sweet about it and kept telling me "these things happen, it's no big deal." I wasn't too upset about it, maybe I should have been. Well what are you gonna do? These things happen. Little fender bender at 5 miles an hour. The cop didn't even want to write up a report it was that minor.
So, I keep on keeping on. Yeehaw.
- H
6/3/09
I believe we are with child
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Ewww.....that's why I have two fixed cats. I don't want the mess.
And FWIW I secretly hoped it was you. But by a sperm donor. LOL
lol @ angela's comment. i was also hoping that was the cause of the secret that was causing you belly issues...
enjoy your new family members... i currently don't have any animals, but in the past we only had beta fish, only one per tank!
Dang. I was hoping for several months of funny pregnancy posts. I'll look forward to fishy reports instead. Also, get your baby a helmet so you can sew instead of spending so much time in the emergency room. :-)
Imagine all the little cute fishy-baby clothes you can sew! I'm imagining a lovely little school in swanky retro prints.
You can buy a fish baby nursery to hang off the tank. It is just fine mesh so the bigger fish don't eat them. You've got to scoop them up right away and seperate them. That happened to me - one day big fat mamma, next day skinny and no babies...................
Post a Comment