Now my three-year-old has the fever. It's much easier caring for him when he's sick now that he can tell us what's wrong. He woke up at 1:30 last night with a fever, so I dosed him up with Motrin and he happily went back to sleep. This morning when he woke up he was warm so I dosed him again and we sat on the couch and waited for it to take effect.
While we waited, he held his forehead and said "I think there are bugs in my head. They hurt."
But within a half hour he was back to his old cheery talkative self, so I thought we were in the clear.
Yeah...not so much. His fever spiked again at 4:00. His eyes went glassy. His breathing got rapid. Fever fully back on board. Nothing else seems to be wrong and he's not complaining of any other problems, so I'm optimistic that by tomorrow he'll be good as new? Either way he's staying home with dad.
I did manage to get Soren's new tunic in the mail today! Sonja won the Sew, Mama, Sew Giveaway Day custom tunic and instead of having me make it for herself she chose to have me make one for her daughter, Soren. Isn't that a cool name? I love it.
I wasn't quite in the right frame of mind when I sent it off today and I forgot to take pictures of it first! Idiot. Oh, well, maybe she'll take some when it gets there and post them on her blog for us to see? (PLEASE?)
I think I need to hire a professional Organizer to come into my house and whip it into shape. Especially my sewing room downstairs. My fabrics are spilling over, the projects I've already cut out are intermingled with uncut fabrics and now it's a big mess. I don't have a ton of free time and slowing down to clean when I do get the time to sew isn't high on my priority list.
But tomorrow is Friday, and that means the weekend is upon us, so maybe I'll get a free hour or two and maybe lightning will strike my head and maybe I'll decide to spend my free time cleaning up my sewing room. Or pigs could fly out of my butt. Either way.
- H
6/4/09
Ah, yes, the fever returns
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Matthew and I both just went, "Awwwwww...." when I read Cooper's bug quote aloud. Poor guy. And poor Heather. It sucks when your kids are sick.
My 3 yo, Caroline, has the same thing..but after a day or two, her's turned into a stomach bug. Guess the bugs in her head packed up and moved to her belly! Will say a prayer for your little guy. Michelle
You bet we will take pics!
Poor little dude. Poor sewing room. Ignore the room at eat popsicles with the fevery little boy. Hope he's better soon.
Oh what a perfect way to describe a fever headache! So sweet -hope he's on the mend by now and it doesn't turn into anything more.
Hey I say do which ever makes you feel more peaceful... organizing your sewing stuff or doing sewing stuff. IMO organizing creative supplies is so hard!
Post a Comment