6/14/09

Smiling

Just when I thought maybe this was the worst day I've had in a long time, these things happened to make me laugh out loud. Thank God for my kids.
------------------------------------------
As Griffin was waking up from his nap, Cooper (who usually ignores his brother or screams in protest that he's breathing too loud), said "Griffie's up! Griffie's up! Can I hold him on my lap?!!" and dashed to the couch, where he sat in perfect Baby Holding Form with his arms straight out. He patted his forearm and said "you can put him right here and I'll hold him really tight, I won't drop him." Nevermind that Grif is no longer a tiny infant, I plunked the big 28-lb. sleepy chucklehead onto Cooper's lap and they snuggled together for a long time. Griffie just giggled, he loved it. Cooper smooched his head a few times, too.
-------------------------------------------
Tonight I was pulling weeds in the front beds, when a big fat worm popped out. Cooper wanted to keep it and make a worm house, so off we went.

H: What are you going to feed your worm, Cooper?"
C: Mom, worms don't eat.
H: Yes they do, everything has to eat.
C: No they don't, they don't have mouths.

And I had to laugh, because other than Sherman the wormin on Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, I've never actually seen a worm's mouth. So maybe he had a point.

- H

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Aren't those moments the best? I'm glad you were given something to smile about today after all.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Agh so cute! Those are the best conversations aren't they? Stop by and pickup your award :)

Angela said...

Love you, Heather. Your boys are amazing, and so are you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...