6/16/09

Hey check it out, I won a blog award or something like it!

Wow, this is so much fun!

Another sewing addict, Stephanie of Sew Fierce from Etsy, tagged me on her blog as one of her favorite 'new' blogs! Here I was wallowing in my own self pity party and somewhere in the blogosphere someone was saying something nice about me. Kinda makes me feel like an ass, but that's ok. Humility is a good thing.

Her blog is called A Pocket Full of Buttons, isn't that cute? Go check it out. And while you're at it, check out her Etsy shop. She makes seriously cute things for girls and it looks like she actually has a girl which I'm sure helps a little?

Her challenge to me (and the other winners but whatever I'm sure I was number one, right? whoo-hooo!!!!) was to name my current favorite blogs (one old, many new). So here they are, in no particular order. These are the ones that I check no matter how little time I have even if I can't comment. I hope you guys enjoy!

Marci's Crew - Marci is an old friend from high school. She's a wonderful person inside and out, and the world would be a better place if there were more Marcis in it. I'm not just saying that. You need to meet her.

Little Girl, Big Glasses - this woman makes me laugh out loud. A lot. And her name is Penne like the coin and I love that.

Soduel - Sonja was the winner of my Sew, Mama, Sew giveaway day and I've found her blog to be lovely and uplifting.

Made By Rae - Cute woman seamstress who makes cute things. Good combination.

The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks - for an English major, this is serious funny. Tears streaming down my face funny.

So that might give y'all some extra reading for today. There are some other great blogs in my blog reader. Old friends from Babyzone and new ones from local (Me? A Mom?).

By the by, I'm thinking of creating a spin off HF blog to document the marital insanity. This just doesn't seem the place to do it. So maybe there'll be a new button up soon? Stay tuned.

- H

4 comments:

Marci said...

Aww--congratulations and thanks for your kind words, Heather! I've been too busy to post daily lately, but not too busy to check yours often. LOVE your blog and love you!!
Thank you :)

Little Girl::Big Glasses said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You have impeccable taste, Heather! THANKS for the nice mention, and I'm glad I make you laugh. I love seeing all the cool things you make and think we'd have a lot of fun making fun of other people's bad grammar together. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award. :)

Sonja said...

Awe....that was so nice of you to include me! I am the queen of poor typing and run on sentences so please only make fun of me in private :) Little Girl and Quotation Marks made me laugh too. Great finds and thanks for sharing (really needed a good chuckle).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...