6/12/09

Yay! or Gay?

The Blackberry people really need to revamp their automatic spellchecker dictionary thingie. The last few times I've typed an email or a text and blindly almost sent it, I found they had magically changed some meaningless words to meaningful words that would totally have rocked my recipient's world.

Tonight, I just typed a response to an email about my new serger. {Yes, I did buy the grand daddy of all sergers this afternoon and I'll be sharing glorious pictures when I take said glorious pictures. I digress.} In my response, I said I bought it. Yay! and Blackberry almost changed my message to I bought it. Gay!

Now what in the hell? They don't know the word yay?

A few weeks ago I sent one of my doctor's an email on my Blackberry and while I understand that the dictionarythesauruswordfinderthingie probably didn't know the brand name of the drug I sell, it changed it to the word comic. So instead of writing X speaker training, it almost sent a message to my doctor titled Comic speaker training.

Yes, Dr. So and So, I'm concerned that you need comedic training and I'd like to enroll you in a class to learn how to deliver punchlines.

Crazy.

Stayed tuned this Sunday. I've already started my confessional. It's full of little bits and pieces but they're good ones. I chuckle just thinking about one of them.

- H

1 comments:

Marci said...

LOL! Oh, that's so funny!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...