It sickens me, what some people will do for attention. A while back I read about a whole bruhaha over at CJane's blog where someone else was blogging with her stories? Creating a whole fake life with someone else's true stories and then posting it up on the internet.
Well, recently (ok, a few months ago), I ran across the blog called Little April Rose? Anyone else read it?
Yeah, it was written by a mom (Beccah) who was pregnant with a baby girl (April Rose) who was diagnosed with Trisomy (X) - I can't remember the number. And now, I can't go back and try to find it because the blog is down. Forever.
Because it was all a big fat fake.
So here's where I feel bad. I had a really bad feeling about that blog for a long time.
The first few posts were fine, they seemed kind of wordy but who am I to call anyone else wordy, especially a pregnant mom?
And then, then it just got a little too verbose. All of these prayer requests were being collected, personal information shared, people prayed over (at least that's all legit, hopefully).
The paragraphs that would go on and on about how God was great and God loved her, despite her SIN of having PREMARITAL SEX (GASP!) and that April Rose wasn't a mistake even though her SIN of SEX (GASP!) was a mistake. Good Lord.
Whatever.
I'm sorry, maybe I'm callous but after a few posts that went on and on like that, I started to be suspicious.
And sadly, in this case, I was right.
McMama just posted about it, the Little April Rose blog is gone for good, and we've all been duped.
Who in their right mind would do such a thing? Who would exploit the pain and suffering of others in order to feel important or worthy? Who would pretend to suffer the way far too many people have truly suffered?
I don't know the whole story, the true story. But I know that girl who wrote that blog needs some serious mental help. And I pray that there is no baby at all, no child to suffer.
- H
6/10/09
This is one time I'm sorry I was right
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I had a bad feeling about that blog, too! That's why I didn't post it on my sidebar but just stuck it in my favorites. But I followed it for months just to see if I was right. I watched it all unfold yesterday, and it was ugly.
So sad.
P.S. Glad to see you disabled the word verification googly crap.
Oh, that's just odd. I never visited her site, but I will check out what McMama has to say about it.
BTW--LOVE the new title!!
people suck!! not all people, just sick ones. i just don't get it...
anywyas, i like the new look of your blog!!! and it looks like you are having fun with the circle pockets... very cute!!!
I meant I like your new banner, not title.
Yea, the story is so sad. Who would make all that stuff up? Uncool.
I agree with Shannon - people do suck - suck isn't even the word for it. Just listen to the news lately - it has put me into a big funk that I need to figure out how to get out of. I have to replace my HLN on sirius with martha stewart or something.
Post a Comment