I had two conversations with my son today that make me laugh. So I figured, what better place to document them?
I'm color coding for ease of reading and so I don't have to preface every line.
I was in the bathroom, cleaning. Cooper was in the office with his fish tank. To have this conversation at that distance, we each had to shout.
Mom!
What?
I'm sorry you were crying.
I'm not crying, honey.
Mom!
What?
I'm not crying anymore.
That's great, Cooper, I'm glad to hear that.
So we can go to Target and buy toys.
I don't think that's in the plan. If you want to buy toys you need to get a job.
I don't have a job.
I know, I said you should get a job.
Oh. Okay.
He sounded totally bummed, like summer vacation was over and now he's going to have to go back to work again or something. I think the thing that was so funny about this conversation was our distance and the volume. Oh, and can you tell we're having some "issues" with Cooper throwing fits and crying and screaming to get what he wants? Yeah, that's fun.
Then tonight as I was putting him to bed, we had this conversation:
Soooo, tell me about work.
Well, yesterday I was in Atlanta and I got to talk to some people about some stuff, and then the day before that I was in Dallas, where I got trained on the new data and that was fun.
Were you at school?
Kind of. Except when you're an adult, they call it training.
Did you have a teacher?
Yep.
Who was your teacher?
I had two. I had Julia and I had Kristina.
Did you like them?
Yes, they're very nice.
Did you take a nap?
[laughing] No, unfortunately we didn't get to take naps. I wish we did.
Wouldn't that be great? You have to go to a meeting or to training, and sometime after lunch you call get to pull out your blankies and lay down for two hours? Heaven!
- H
8/29/09
Posterity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Mmmm...I'd love a nap.
:)
Cooper is hilarious as always.
Post a Comment