9/9/09

I'm swelled with pride.

Or maybe I'm just retaining water. Or it could be that I've simply put on ten pounds for no good reason other than I've been trying to eat my way to the West Coast to visit my friend Sara.

Whatever.

Later today I'll share with you all (y'all for my suthurn readers) an excellent way to torture yourself into skinniness, a la my brother and sister-in-law.

But for now, I will simply share with you a drawing of such stunning quality that my son Cooper, who is a mere three and one half years old, created last night whilst sitting at my mom's little desky thing in her kitchen. [For the record, I'm not British. Whilst is a word typically reserved for the British, but I saw it yesterday and decided to use it today.]

Look at the detail! Look at the circles that are completely closed on the ends! Look at how Griffin was drawn with such thick hair!




In order, from left to right (although that's not how they were drawn, but whatever): there's me. I didn't get a face, he ran out of steam. Then there's dad. Dad's legs seem to start in his face but to be truthful he is a little shortwaisted. Then there's Cooper (who was drawn to perfection), and then little Griffie. Griffie got very thick hair and very long, pointy ears. I was initially thinking those were super long arms but Cooper corrected me. They are ears.

My heart swells with pride.

Too bad artists don't make any money. I guess maybe his brother could take care of us in our old age.

- H

3 comments:

Angela said...

I wanna go to California, too!!! :)

That picture is SERIOUSLY amazing!! Andrew can't even hold a pencil correctly, much less close a circle!!!!

Brett Havekost said...

Artist don't make money? You mean English majors, don't you?

Mary Jo said...

That's awesome Heather! And Jack's with Andrew -he can't park his but down long enough to color or draw anything let alone an great family portrait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...