9/9/09

This guy, he's something else.

It's not enough that my brother is a Good Guy. Not a good guy like a wise guy like he's in the mafia. I don't think they allow people of random German and Dutch descent into the mafia.


I mean he's a good guy like he's genuinely nice and caring and helpful and whatnot. Yes, he posts sexist things on his blog, but if you knew him you'd think he was a good guy, too.


No, it's not enough that he's always been easy to get along with and nice and successful and whatnot (the whatnot includes serving as an officer in the Marines and enduring the many trials those men and women go through in order to serve this country). No, now he's also fit and a runner and running a marathon, for crying out loud. [I am secretly, if you can call it a secret now that I'm confessing it on the world wide web, jealous and/or envious of runners. I wish I was a runner.]


This is my public service announcement for my brother, Brett. He and my sister-in-law Jericia are running in the sold out Houston marathon. That sounds like an oxymoron, a sold out marathon! But alas, it is sold out and in order to be allowed to torture themselves with two hundred and thirty seven miles of running in one stretch they've joined the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society team and are raising money for their marathon participation.


So please, help a brother out. My brother. Go to his website and read the stories and give these kind people your support or your money or both.


Maybe I'll take up running.


Hah! I crack myself up.

- H

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...