I love Bob Dylan, but this post isn't about Dylan. It's about a bunch of other random junk that's going on around here (which means, things rattling around in my head) and since I've been totally lame about emailing or calling people back, I figured I'd share it here.
So the first bit of news is that I've taken a new position at work. It's kindy like a promotion but with extry work involved. [I've decided to talk like our old friend, Jean. It makes me giggle.] I think promotions should include less work. That somehow seems more appropriate as a reward?
So soon I will be off to training in Hotlanta and then roaming the wild and wonderful states of Missouri and Iowa and possibly Kansas or Nebraska which is yet to be decided. I'm excited!
The bummer is that I have to set aside my Etsy shop for a while. Maybe forever. It's a little too popular and I just don't have the time to spend in the sweatshop like I did last spring. It makes me a little teary-eyed, but I parted with a bunch of fabric on Sunday and I'm trying to pack everything away so I'm not tempted. My mom makes quilts for the kids in the oncology unit at Cardinal Glennon Hospital, so I know they're going to a good home.
Next up, my husband turns forty today. Big milestone, eh? You'd think his wife would have planned something super cool for his fortieth birthday, right? Well, you'd be wrong. And then again, maybe not? [He may be reading this.] But yes, forty! Yikes, he's old.
We got some great news just in time for his birthday. We're going to be spending the Thanksgiving holiday in sunny Hawaii. We will be leaving on November 21, which happens to be Griffin's second birthday. Whew, pressure off to find an excellent birthday present for either one of them.
Wait, what?! Second birthday? But he's just a baby! He can't possibly be nearing two years old. No, that's not right. It couldn't possibly have been two years ago that I begged my OB to set a freaking induction date for crying out loud, and get this gigantor of a child out of my body! No, certainly it wasn't that long ago. There's a mistake somewhere.
I wouldn't be so bummed out about it if it weren't for the fact that this uterus won't be holding any more babies (by choice, not by science or whatever, no I haven't had a hysterectomy in case you're curious). We're plenty overwhelmed with two kids, let alone another child, but I want one. Isn't wanting one a good enough reason?
Oh. I see. Apparently just wanting something isn't a good enough reason to get it.
Got it.
So I will continue carrying on as though Griffin were a babe in arms until he's...oh....twenty three? Is that too old? Ok, I'll compromise. Seventeen. I wonder if his high school buddies will make fun of him if I offer him his bedtime bottle in front of them? Or ask if he wants to go potty? Or tell him it's time for nigh-nigh?
[This is his idea of potty-training.]
- H
9/10/09
The times, they are a-changin'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
So sad about your shop. You seemed to really enjoy making all those darling girly things. On the flip side...a big ole' congratulations!
If you fabric destash in your shop give a heads up on your blog ;) I have been eyeing your fabric range with envy that jas turned me a nice deep avacado green.
Wow. G looks totally like N in that last pic.
Is he seriously potty training? Wow.
Is your new job bringing you near me?? Please??
:)
Congrats on the new job, and bummer that you have to set aside your freakin' adorable girly couture for awhile. If you wanna sell patterns or fabric, let me know.
Just don't stop writing!
Happy birthday to the men in your life.
So why isn't Minnesota ever on the list? Don't we need good pharma too? Congrats on the promotion!
Love that last picture of G -I agree it doesn't seem possible that he is approaching 2 years old.
Bummer on the no-more-sewing, but congrats on the promotion! When I read about it on your Etsy shop, I was hoping that it would result in a Whole Lotta West Coast Training. :)
Try not to be a stranger for too long because we miss you.
So funny cause I can't understand a single word Bob Dylan is talking about. lol
Have fun on your travels!
Post a Comment