10/1/09

Cute is as cute does

I found a super cute thing. It's called Clothkits, and it's genius and cute, the perfect combination.

Clothkits is a British company that sells, well, cloth kits. Pre-printed fabric kits for things like kid's clothes and women's skirts and pillows and all sorts of fun things. The Magic Tree skirt is my favorite.

Seriously, if someone were to introduce that in the States it would go over like gangbusters right now. If I had any gumption or desire to work ridiculously hard to start up a business, this would be it. Or maybe something different, but still - a very good idea.

I've totally downsized my fabric stash after clearancing out my Etsy shop and you know what? The sewing bug isn't gone. She's just living a lot more quietly in my head. Stewing and brewing and cooking up new ideas. My Etsy shop isn't gone for good, just for now. It's probably good timing, since the seasons have just dramatically changed. Now I can dream up cozy warm winter clothes for little girls.

The downside to not selling as much on Etsy is I've spent far too much time shopping on it. I recently caved and ordered a bunch of stuff that I'd been stalking all summer from gaiaconceptions. I can't wait to get them and hopefully I'll be all svelt and buff from my new exercise routine. I hope I'm still exercising by the time they come. In two weeks.

- H

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...