10/8/09

The one where my son said I look like a man

I’m writing this on a Southwest flight from Saint Louis to Omaha [with the magic of the world wide web, it'll actually be published much later in the day, prolly on my return flight to St. Louis]. In my new gig, I have to fly to some cities in Iowa and Nebraska on a fairly regular basis. I get to return home by dinner so it’s no big deal, but it has certainly added a layer of, shall we say, CHAOS to our morning routine.

This morning I got up at 6:00 to get in the shower. By 6:30 Griffin was yelling for someone to come get him, and Cooper crabbed his way down the stairs by 6:45, pissing and moaning that Griffie was yelling at him the whole way.

To be fair, Griffin was yelling at him. He picked up a super cute trick at daycare whereby he screams (or is he growling?) in a gravelly voice at anyone he wants to irritate. I always thought it was just him until I happened to be in his school room on a day where all the boys were ticked off at each other, and they were all screaming the same offensive gravelly scream at each other in a crazy round-robin that never ended. This was the day I said to myself “yeah, I love my job. No way in hell could I be a daycare teacher.”

So I was standing in my bathroom getting ready, and Cooper grumbled in to go potty. I just bought some new suits because my old ones were raggedy and didn’t fit very well. I put my last old suit in the donation box Tuesday night.

Today I put on my snazzy new black pants, a white dress shirt with French cuffs (LOVE French cuffs cause I’m tall and they make it look like the shirt actually fits me and I don’t have orangutan arms). I even jazzed it up with a chunky Boden stone necklace. Ooh la la, I was prepared to knock Nebraska’s socks off.

Cooper took one look at me and said “you look like daddy.”

What?!

Oh.

Yeah.

Black pants, white button down shirt. Except for the tie, I did look just like dad.

- H

3 comments:

Little Girl::Big Glasses said...

That's hilarious! But I'm very sure you did NOT look like Daddy. At least from a grownup's perspective. I remember a picture my then 3 y/o drew of me with black circles on all my teeth... I realized from his view he could see all my fillings. I called the dentist the next day and got crowns.

Christia said...

Oh man! That's hilarious! I love French cuffs also! 3 year olds are funny..challenging but funny.

Amy said...

I love this as much as my own child asking if I have a baby in my tummy. 1 year after I had the baby. *sigh*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...