10/6/09

I read a good book

The title of this post was kind of an untruth. I didn't really read an entire good book. I read the first half of a good book and who am I kidding? I don't have book-reading time anymore. Someday (hopefully in the not too distant future) I'll have book-reading time again, but not now.

So I had this cool book sitting around my house. My mom is a big reader, and doesn't mind spoiling storylines for me, so I gave it to her with instructions to read it and tell me what happens. By the by, did you know there are some weirdos out there that really don't like telling plots and storylines to books and movies? I just think it's strange, I have to practically force them to tell me what happens when we all know I'm never going to get a chance to read or see what I'm begging them to tell me about! So strange.

I'll spare you the spoilage, but let's just say I got a stream of live updates tonight as my mom was reading, filling me in on the suspense and twists and turns. She loved it, she's recommending it to her book club this winter.

I don't have a book club, but I figure if you're reading this blog you can read, and maybe someday you'll be sitting around thinking "hmmm, I wish I'd heard about a great book I could buy at Target or check out from the library." And then you'll be able to say "hey, wait! I did hear about a good book from Heather's mom (because honestly, I can't take credit past the first 35-40% which I thought was really good)."

I bought mine at an airport bookstore, but I'm Borders or Barnes and Noble has it, too. Let me know what you think if you read it.

It's called The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf, set in Iowa because the author is in Iowa. I have a friend in Iowa, I think she'll like this book.

- H

3 comments:

Monica said...

I was born in Iowa! I so have to read this book! Thanks Heather...and Heather's Mom!

Christia said...

Awesome! I will definitely pick up this book! I steal reading/writing time during naptime, or stay up until the wee hours of the morning, relishing the silence that is given only at 2 am.

Little Girl::Big Glasses said...

First you claim to be a triathlete, now you expect us to believe you actually read? Like more than "Go Dog, Go?" I think the FT job and Mommying is impressive enough, you don't have to keep making up all this other stuff. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...