11/3/09

Hey Facebook, read this

I don't do a whole lot of Facebooking. I have to admit, I don't really understand a lot of it. The weird games, the "quizzes" you take that really just direct you in an endless loop of B.S. in an attempt for you to give them your social security number and credit card information.

I like the idea of Facebook. A place where you can keep in touch with your friends. Cool.

The only problem is that most of these people aren't my friends. They're my "friends." Random people I knew twenty years ago. People who went to high school with my brothers and remember my last name. Some people I work with or used to work with.

I got so irritated with Facebook's constant updating me on the updates of my "friends" that I turned off all of my notifications so I wouldn't get their emails. The only problem with that is that all of my friends use Facebook to keep the rest of us posted on their lives. And I miss out. Then I had to inactivate my account altogether in June but that's a whole other story for another day.

So I would like to suggest that Facebook add some sort of user tool that lets me flag people who are really my friends, and then just send me updates when they post something. I know, I know. Someone's going to say "hey check it - that tool already exists." But who can figure it out? That site is confusing to me.

So yeah, if you know of such a tool, help a sister out and let me know.

- H

2 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

well, you can create a list of your "real" friends. It should appear on the left hand side of your home page (not profile) and you can drag and drop it to the top so that your live feed is only of your real friends.

Anonymous said...

just delete anyone who is not really a friend. be exclusive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...