11/29/09

Literalism

I love time changes and jet lag. My kids and I are in the family room at midnight trying to get tired again after going to bed at 7:00. I realize we should have stayed up, but if I told you the story of how we got back to the mainland on two long flights with two small kids and no sleep, you'd probably agree with me that sleep at any time is a good thing.


Anyhoodle, we came home to a mountain of catalogs waiting to entice me for my Christmas shopping. Cooper always gets the toy catalogs, and the other one he likes? The Cabela's catalog.

I've been pretty much horrified that my sons are boys who like guns since they became boys who like guns. Moreso Cooper, Griffin still isn't too interested in anything.

Well, Cooper has been 'picking out' toy guns from his catalogs for Santa's list. I keep telling him Santa doesn't bring guns so he probably won't be getting them.

And then we got the Cabela's catalog.


And he told me I was wrong.


- H

3 comments:

Christia said...

Oh man I totally laughed at this post. It's so something that would happen in our house!

Angela said...

Bwaaahhaaaa!!!!

I want to see some pics of your trip! But more importantly, I want to hear the horror of travel. So I will never be tempted to do it. :)

Anonymous said...

In this economy, you should be happy to be able to take a vacation to Hawaii with your family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...