11/26/09

Thank you

It's Thanksgiving. Although here on Kauai, it's Any Other Day. Stores are open (yay!), restaurants are full, surfers are surfing, life is chugging along at the snail's pace it always chugs.

Hey, I found out the deal with the chickens on this island from a lady at the pool, so it must be true. Apparently some many years ago, some hurricane or something really hit this island hard. In preparation, the people who owned chickens for eggs and meat and whatnot let their birds free to fend for themselves. And then some that weren't let free got free when the hurricane came and whooped up on the island.

Because they got out and were running free, they are no longer able to be controlled. Which is a cute word for kilt. They're now part of the bird sanctuary that is Kauai.

It rained this morning so that was a good excuse to drive around. That's when we found out that all stores, not just touristy stores, are open on Thanksgiving.

I've also spent a lot of time thinking about swimwear on this trip. I think I'll try my hand at making a swimsuit when I get home. How hard could it be? Famous last words.

- H

1 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

Three words: Brick Oven Pizza. (If you haven't already discovered it. It's on the south end of the island. Yum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...