I have a toy recommendation. I realize it's a little late and all, but surely someone out there has a child whose birthday is in January or February and maybe could use some suggestions?
I bought the Go Fishing game at TJ Maxx shortly before Christmas, thinking I didn't have enough for the kids to unwrap. What?! What was I thinking?! My children are in such plastic and wrapping and presents overdose they jonesed all day today due to the lack of presents.
I digress. This game, this battery-operated fishing game, is awesome. My two-year-old can play. Kind of. He cheats a lot, but the beauty is that even at my advanced age, it's really kind of hard to catch those stinking fish! Luck plays a bigger role than skill, so all are equal at the game table.
See? Notice what is not in his mouth in this shot?

You can see cheating about to happen here. Those little fingers are working. And then notice what is in his mouth in this shot? There was maybe a two second delay between the two shots. That child can spot his wayward binky from a mile away.






6 comments:
I agree, it's a great toy! My son loved it when he was little. Now he's completely obsessed with Bakugan, I miss the ol' days. :-)
Looks fun!!
Love the pic of you and the boys.
:)
I bought the fishing game at the grocery store one night when my now-12 y/o was 2...it was an instant fave. I've played it with him at least 80 bazillion times. I finally had a second child just so someone else could play "fishin game" with him. He actually bought a pocket sized version with his own money a couple of years ago. Your pics are great!
Wow wow I can't believe how grown up G looks in the shot of you with the boys! Then he looks like a snubbly baby that he is (ok maybe not baby, but...) in some of the others. I might have to get the fish game... I know CARS has a version with tires but how boring is that?
Christia recommended that game last year, so Ben received it for his birthday. Both kids LOVE it.
YES! We have been fishing for a year now! Gabe cheats, hard core, and just picks up the fish, but Julian owns!
Post a Comment