12/13/09

Punk Rock Christmas

So the punks got dressed up to meet Santa.

We decided to go with a little more of a hard-edged theme this year. Partly cause we're just cool like that, and partly cause I couldn't find anything not stupid in the stores for the boys to wear.

One of these boys is easily influenced by the other one.


This is not such a good thing.


I don't know if the tall one realizes just exactly how much he is adored by the short one. I've never had the short guy so much as hesitate when I say "ok, boys, hold hands." He shoots it right out there, eager to grab a hold of his big brother's hand. He'd walk around all day holding his brother's hand, if only his brother would let him.

They told the big guy what they wanted for Christmas. Then there were lots of tears and tantrums after this.

Please, Santa, I forgot to tell you what I want for Christmas. I want to survive this phase the taller boy is going through. The phase that started a few days ago and continues despite my best parenting efforts. Apparently, my best isn't good enough. I will try harder.

- H

1 comments:

Sara said...

I like Punk Rock Christmas. I am so impressed that neither child is crying while sitting on Santa's lap. Our Santa remembered Lily from last year and didn't even make eye-contact with her. LOL.

My short-one adores my older-short-one too. I hope they love each other this much in 10 years!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...