I bought this house we live in about six years ago, maybe seven now. This was back when I was single and doing my drive-by letter campaign. Here's how it worked:
- Drive through neighborhoods I liked
- Identify homes clearly in disrepair or owned by old people (evidenced by grass that grows straight to the foundation or the absence of landscaping decoration, with the notable exception of plastic flowers)
- Look up owner information on tax records
- Write owner a letter offering to buy their home should they ever decide to move
- Wait for them to call me back
The house I own now, I had written a letter one rainy day in October. The following March, the owner's two adult daughters called me. They were selling mom's house and did I want to look at it before they put it on the market?
I did, I fell in love, and I bought it. Warts and all.
Financially it's been a great investment. Emotionally it's been my ballyhoo. I don't know how to spell that.
I just clicked the Delete button, because it literally would have taken me twenty minutes to tell a two minute story.
Here's the barebones of it: I hated this house because the two back bedrooms and my bathroom had no heat (along with twenty other reasons which shall wait for a post of their own). I called my HVAC guy out. He turned on the thermostat upstairs, that I've left turned off for three years.
PRESTO CHANGE-OH, a magic damper opened and now we have heat in the entire house. Which is something to behold. I can get dressed without clothes that are freezing cold. The thought of sitting down to tinkle in my bathroom no longer brings me to tears.
And the biggest win? I no longer lay my son down to bed at night in fear. For the last three winters I've had to run a ceramic heater in his room to keep it at a livable temperature. Every. Single. Night. I would put him to bed and pray to God nothing bad happened.
No more fear and danger! No more cold underwear! I still hate this house, but it got better by about .05% that day. And no, I am not dwelling on the fact that I could have fixed the heat three years ago by turning on the thermostat upstairs. No sirree.
- H



4 comments:
Personally, I don't know why we do things like that... but we just do!
After I painted the inside of our colonial home... before putting it on the market... I wondered... Why didn't I do this earlier?
The house felt so good with a new coat of paint that I almost didn't want to sell it!
So... is a new house in your future?
PS... Congratulations on having a warm house now!
PPS... IF you ever build, look into geothermal heat and spray foam insulation.... it's so awesome!
Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.
Someone deleted a variety of links from iskladka and 2shared ...
From now, we will use www.tinyurlalternative.com as our default [url=http://www.tinyurlalternative.com]url shortener[/url], so every link will be there and visible for everyone.
You can choose from many great [url=http://kfc.ms]short url[/url] names like:
kfc.ms easysharelink.info jumpme.info megauploadlink.info megavideolink.info mygamelink.info myrapidsharelink.info mytorrentlink.info myurlshortener.com mywarezlink.info urlredirect.info urlshrinker.info weblinkshortener.com youtubelink.info and many others.
They include above 60 other available domains and the [url=http://myurlshortener.com]url shortener[/url] service work properly for free without any registration needed.
So we think it is good idea and propose you to use [url=http://urlredirect.info]url redirect[/url] service too!
Thank you.
It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat twitter[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or little-understood avenues to build an income online.
Post a Comment