A few months ago I happened to find myself in an Ann Taylor store. I usually don't shop at Ann Taylor because her "model" body is much shorter and quite a bit curvier than my own body. But the posters promised a new fit! A new look! New pants!
So I caved, and tried on one of the new style of dress pants they are now offering. They fit! No extra fabric where I don't have hips, and the hems actually touched my heels, a good sign for the tall'ns like me.
The only teensy weensy problem with them is they aren't lined. Original sticker price on these babies was over a hunert bucks and to not have lining at that price?! Insane! But luckily they were being offered at some crazy steal of a deal to get people to try them, so I did. I plunged and bought my first pair of black dress pants sans lining [for winter] since Nam.
I wore them quite faithfully, too, through this fall.
Today I hopped a flight to Omaha in my snazzy not so new pants, where the temp when we landed was 9 and as I stepped off the plane all of the moisture in my skin went ffftttt into the air.
And by noon I knew why I would never buy unlined dress pants again.
Cause the wool? The lightweight, tropical wool [clearly shorn from Hawaiian sheep or something] that was so superior it simply didn't need a lining? That same wool? It hurts like a mother when the seams on the very tender insides of your thighs happen to rub your wintery dry skin.
Now I know what babies with chapped fannies feel like. 'Cept mine is the insides of my thighs, but whatever.
And Ann Taylor?
Line your pants, for Christsakes.
- H
12/7/09
This is why dress pants should be lined.
By Heather on 12/07/2009
This is about ranting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Booo, I love un-lined pants. In fact, I will only buy un-lined pants. I am currently sitting here perfectly comfy in my un-lined Ann Taylor slacks!
LOL! I love the debate. I am a waffler when it comes to dress pants. Sometimes I'm fine with no lining, and other times? Not so much.
Post a Comment