Lesson learned early with the Jazz Hall skirt, now the Jazz Hall skirt(s), plural.
I assumed I knew my measurements, after all I've been sewing for myself for a long time and surely I know my own measurements, right?!
Yeah, wrong. I didn't read the fine print, which was to add 2 inches to my own measurements and then pick the size I needed to cut out. Plus, it's maybe possible, although highly unlikely, that the holidays brought an abundance of wealth and riches to my midsection. Slight possibility.
So I made the first Jazz Skirt last night in a size 8. And I really need at least a size 10 but probably a 12 would be better.
Soooo, back we all went to Hancock's in 10 degree F weather, so I could buy another half yard of my charcoal houndstooth merino wool and cut out a bigger size. Add $3 to the project. Except I needed serger thread because I've decided to do a rolled hem on the flounces, and I needed new embroidery scissors because my anklebiters have helped the other three pair I owned disappear, and sooner or later I spent $48.
BUT! The skirt is beeeeeyoooteeful! I can't wait to show you all pictures of an appropriate size on me. And my teeny tiny friend Cindy has graciously accepted my offer of rehoming the teeny tiny skirt I made, so all is well in the universe.
- H
1/6/10
Jazz skirt update....
By Heather on 1/06/2010
This is about Great Sewing Challenge of 2010, Jazz Hall skirt, sewing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh hurry! I am on pins and needles :>
Pictures!!! CAn't wait to see!
Houndstooth? Serger? Are you even speaking English???
Post a Comment