This will go down in my personal history book as one of those not so great weeks. Not because there has been anything super bad that's happened to me or anything [pause while I take time to knock on my wooden desk].
I had to go to Atlanta on Monday for another meeting. The beginning of the year always brings with it a lot of meetings which mean a lot of travel. Everyone who has a project or leads a team wants to get together and talk about said project or team in person. I could always do without the in person part, but they don't ask my opinion on these things and so I book my flights and show up with bells on.
Anyone who happened to be lucky enough to read my post on Monday before I deleted it for its negativity knows that I was in a crapbag mood as I was leaving. Questioning the meaning of life, the meaning of my life, why other people have stupid meanings of life, et cetera. After I landed I deleted it cause I don't want to junk up the world with stupid stuff like that and besides it wasn't like the post was going anywhere with all those rhetorical questions.
I spent my three days in the stinky Marriott, sat dutifully through the meetings, learned a lot, and listened to my boss's boss ask a bajillion rhetorical questions. He's famous for answering a question by asking another one. Or seventeen. He's a very smart man with a lot of talent and a great ability to make a five minute explanation last seventy-three minutes or until the audience strokes out, whichever happens first.
Yeegads the man can talk.
Along the way, I managed to lose my new driver's license. Which would be a blessing because the picture is just so very bad, except that when you travel by air these days they really don't like you using expired IDs. And Atlanta has those big body scanners so I was worried after I got through security that they'd flag me for a body scan since I was clearly trying to scam them by getting myself trapped in a distant city with no up-to-date driver's license. But alas, I breezed through security and made my way to the terminal, whereby I managed to lose my work laptop and the wireless card stuck in it.
So now I have no laptop and no license.
But! In my newfound attempt to always look on the bright side of things, I no longer have to look at my seriously unflattering picture when I pull out my wallet, and I don't have to enter calls or do a whole lot of computer work for another day. When they send me the replacement laptop. Because God forbid I be without technology at all times.
*sigh*
Next week I have jury duty. At the rate I'm going I'll be stuck on a two-week murder trial.
I'm cutting out the Kristen dress this afternoon. Wish me luck that I don't cut my hand or something.
- H
1/14/10
thank God my legs are attached or I'd have lost them in the Atlanta airport
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Heather... You LOST your work computer?
Glad that you deleted that post! : )
We all have those days... at certain times of the month. LOL!
Post a Comment