I'd been wanting to make a 90-minute shirt for oh, three weeks? The tutorial was on the MADE blog and looked easy and cute and cool and whatnot.
So I cut out some jersey I had in my stash this weekend.
And made this shirt for Cooper tonight. In less than 90 minutes, but there are issues.

For one, my seams didn't all get tucked under nicely and my serger is irritating me with loose stitches so it's not finished. I have fixing to do.
But the biggest problem?
My husband thinks it looks too feminine for Cooper to wear.

That's why Short Stuff is modeling it. Because he wanted to, and because his dad was ok with it so I could take pictures to send to Grandma to prove that it's too girly.
Is it too girly?

-H



6 comments:
OK, my mom weighed in. It's too girly. The cut of the neckline is too boaty because of his size (Cooper's) so while it's cute for a baby, once you have a child in a size 4/5 it's not as cute and kinda girly.
oh, well.
Sorry Heather's mom but I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think it's too girly. Slap an appliqued number on the front and it will look like a sporty little number.
Think about it this way: If I put this on Lila and put her hair up in a baseball cap, I guarantee she'd be mistaken for a boy.
I kind of see the girly...I think the shoulder pieces are too small, making a wide ("boaty") neckline. If they were bigger, it would look more like a jersey. Do you have a photo of the finished shot on pattern? Is it a wide neck like that or rounder? BTW, I love the gray and yellow.
Uhm, not too girly. I agree. Applique something on it. Man it up. So cutE!
I would never dress my girly in that. Too boyish! But I agree with pp's. If you want to boy it up...add a number or a sports utensil? :)
I agree with Mom, the neckline is way too girly. The color/fabric is totally BOY, but the cut ruins it.
Post a Comment