2/6/10

do NOT let it mellow. not in my house.

You know that disgusting rhyme If it's yellow - let it mellow, if it's brown - flush it down?

Well, if you visit my house you better flush anything that's not clear water. In fact, flush a couple times no matter what, cause I really like to just see sparkling clear water in my bowls.

There are some good reasons for flushing. Like, for instance, what happened to me tonight. I was trying to get both boys into the tub. Cooper hadn't taken a nap. Moods were snappish, behavior was bad. Griffin had pooped for the fourth time today. So I hurriedly took off his diaper standing next to the toilet, and proceeded to plop his turdlet into the bowl without looking only afterwards I realized one of the males in this house peed and didn't flush. And SPLASH! it did a cannonball and backsplash came right back up into my face because I was bent over him and he's short and so I got pee water tainted with turd on my face. Which pretty much sums up how our entire evening has gone.

Because he didn't nap.

I think he'll be sixteen and still napping.

I'm 37 and still napping.

In fact, it's possible that I'm crabby and snappish and going to bed at 8:40 tonight because I didn't take a nap today.

And because I got poop-tainted pee water splashed on my face.

So flush your toilets, people. Water conservation be damned.

- H

3 comments:

Kurage said...

Ewww on the pee water splash. We've had a similar day, but ours involved a poop explosion and dog vomit. And my almost-4-year-old still naps every.single.day.He NEEDS it. Just so you know Cooper isn't the only one.

Mary Jo said...

YUCK!!!! That is awful! I have to admit I don't always flush here just because I'm afraid of it waking Joey up because his bedroom is right next to the bathroom... but yeah something like that would change my ways.

Lisa said...

You poor thing!! I know I haven't commented in AGES, but I just had to comment on this one. We've all had days like that, but pee water in the face probably takes the cake. I hope today is a better day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...