Uck. I've been stricken.
I'm on my deathbed with The Sick.
I'm so sick, I'm exaggerating my sickness.
Cause I'm not that sick but I feel like crap and it kind of pisses me off.
All season (which means from the day last fall that it got cold) I've been breaking my arm, patting myself on the back for my superior immune system.
"I don't get sick," I'd say as I nursed one of the males in my house to health from their illnesses due to inferior immune systems and subsequent antigen presentation.
Last week, or two weeks ago, or who knows when because I'm sick so I can't remember details like that, I came down with the vicious bronchitis bug. No big deal. Just some coughing up of a lung, but other than that I felt great! Score one for Immune System of Superiority. No doctor's visit. No down time, just a lot of hacking up lungs and whatnot.
And now this. The Flu. Or something that feels very similarly to The Flu because everything is wrong with me at the same time and I want to cry. I'd like to write more about it, but my hands are sweaty and I'm faint with weakness. I have to go to Dallas this week for a meeting! How am I supposed to survive a work meeting with The Flu? And why would I, she of such superior immunity, come down with The Flu despite having been inoculated and don't get me started on that whole topic cause I'm already pissed.
SIGH
So I shall sign off, lest my fingers slip from the keys and cause mass havoc in my office. And my toes hurt from curling them on the chair feet.
Stupid pride. Fine, alright! I fell. So what?
- H
2/16/10
Hang on Pride, I need to get behind you so I don't take you down with me during my fall
By Heather on 2/16/2010
This is about working while mommying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
:(
So sorry you're sick.
:(
Post a Comment