Crap. I'm SAD. Not sad like I want to weep or watch bad movies or lay under a blanket on the couch with tissues.
I can feel the stupid winter blues descending on my body and I don't like it!
Motivation? Out the window.
Ambition? What ambition?
I hate this time of year. The sun goes behind a three-week-long bank of clouds and with it goes my good moods. It came out today, but you can be sure it'll be gone again by tomorrow.
I find myself staring at things for a long time. Like the rug. Or my desk. Or the keyboard. Sighing. Thinking. Sighing some more.
It's an appropriate name, really. Seasonal affective disorder. My affect totally sucks right now. If a psychiatrist were to take notes on me, flat affect would be at the top I'm sure.
It doesn't help that I've been failing miserably at Weight Watchers the past week. Which means not only am I hungry, but I'm not losing weight either.
Ok, I'm going back to staring at the walls. I hope to be among the living again soon.
- H
2/1/10
Ick.
By Heather on 2/01/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hey you! Since you are sitting and staring I thought I'd give you a comment to read....... sun is out here today but they say there is another storm on it's way....
Today I send you rays of sun from sunny California...(that isnt' ALWAYS sunny). ;)
Move to Denver, missy. We have lots and lots of sun, plenty for everyone.
Or listen to the Beach Boys. Feel Better.
I am soo with you on this. Both the lack of sun thing, and weight watchers. FOr the lack of sun I take vitamin P. I have to or I will die. ANd I love/hate WW cuz I know it should be easy, but tell that to my brain when I want to eat homemade bread at 10:30 at night. But paying that money means that I will still go tomorrow even though I know that I'm going to be sadly disappointed in the results this week. Hang in there my dear.
big hugs! maybe you need a little vacation down to FL for some sun...
i am one who loves the cold, gray days... wierd, i know. i think i may be one of the only ones.
The past 5 years the only time I've ever been able to loose weight is when nursing... so take up nursing? Maybe not... I know the pounds will pack back on for me too once I stop nursing Joey then I'm thinking WW too (1st time for me). Hang in there! It is amazing how many grey days we get this time of year.
Vitamin D!!! Take LOADS!!! Works wonders for my sister in law in Winnipeg - finally convinced her to go get some and overdose and she was cheery as a warm spring day in a week.
Two words: Retail therapy. Nothing like a good shopping spree to take the gray days away! It's always sunny in the mall. :) If you run when you see the new spring line at Banana Republic that will score you at least 1 extra WW point too!
Post a Comment