2/11/10

The one where I talk about politics

I had an anonymous commenter on my previous post take issue with the fact that I had a political post and griped about the media's hatred of all things Right.

So I feel I should clarify something up front. I have opinions about politics, the media, our society, life in general, my husband, the economy or what's left of it, religion, Sarah Palin, parenting, crafting, and everything else I forgot to mention. And sometimes you'll hear them pop up on this blog. For better or worse.

It's cool if you don't agree with me, I'm ok with that. My own family and many friends don't agree with me most of the time. In my family I'm considered the Leftwinger. I think that's what makes the world go round. And round. And round.

Feel free to dissent. Just don't be offended if you read something you disagree with. What a boring place if we all agreed with each other. It'd be like a Today Show interview between Matt Lauer and Barack Obama, where Matt Lauer asks Barack if he can kiss him on the lips cause he just loves him so much.

Tee hee, sorry. I couldn't help myself.

**In a way, I consider this similar to all the blogs I read that throw in Bible scriptures and their feelings on what God wants us to do along with a tutorial on how to make a shopping bag. I can take the majority of the blog for what it's worth and ignore the parts I choose to ignore, you know what I mean? End sidebar.**

- H

7 comments:

Sara said...

WTH is up with random annonymous posters leaving snipey comments on blogs lately?!?

I hate Sarah Palin. But, then again, I love her because she won the election for Obama.

I like to read your blog because I want to be like you when I grow up (funny, talented, smart and beautiful).

I also read a lot of other blogs that, where I vehemently disagree with the writer (www.halleethehomemaker.blogspot.com) because I think the writer is also talented, smart and beautiful.

Screw Annon.

Amy said...

I'd say I'm pretty much a Republican, but I cringe everytime Sarah Palin opens her mouth. I respect a lot of what she has gone through as a woman, but I don't want her representing the Republican party. Honestly, she comes across as so one dimensional you'd think that she would be embarassed at the way she lets herself be portrayed. Or maybe that's her hope, is to appear like a caricature of herself. I don't know. I'm with you, I don't agree with the opinions of every blogger out there. But I don't agree with the opinions of my friends or family all the time either. I just find enough great stuff about them that I can not care about the stuff we don't agree on. Does that make sense? You just keep being yourself miss Heatherty Feathery, that's why I come here :)

Maryissewfast said...

As you say, what a boring world it would be if we all agreed? I read blogs because I find the content interesting and that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything, because I'm sure everyone doesn't agree with me...keep on sharing your views...I enjoy your blog!

Me? A Mom? said...

oh heather i love you.

Little Girl::Big Glasses said...

I'm pretty sure it WAS Sarah Palin. I hear she uses "Anonymous" whenever she comments on blogs. Which totally explains why she was so pissed when you went to Hawaii - because she thought you should've gone to Alaska. It all makes so much sense now.

I just think it's amazing that no one has told you that every time you type "sew-er" I think you wrote "sewer" as in where all the plumbing goes to...because I always have to stop and re-read that part.

HEATHERTY ROCKS!

Shannon said...

now, i need to see the comment that was left if it is still there.

for some reason i have the need to sing "you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life."

heck, if craig and i didn't have different political views we would have nothing to argue about at the dinner table. :)

Brett Havekost said...

You "used" to be a the Leftwinger. Then you met Mr. Fica and things all changed. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...