I stopped in to Barnes and Noble today, to look at new sewing books and let my brain go blank for awhile for free. Come on, you know you've all done it. You go to Borders and read books for free, and then leave.
As I was browsing through the magazines, I came upon this.
Seriously.
There is an entire glossy magazine devoted to Sarah Palin. It's almost as though they wanted to write a book but maybe realized there wouldn't be enough to fill the pages, and basically she's just a glossy pinup so let's put her on the cover of a glossy magazine and try to fake like there's substance in it.
Did Sarah Palin pay for this? Cause this is just nuts.
I get it, she's pretty (for a politician). But come on. I have to rant politically here for a minute because this turns my stomach as much as that stupid Newsweek cover with Barack Obama backlit like the second messiah long before the election.
This just makes me want to puke for our country. Puke, I tell you! It sickens me that half the country would actually be willing to line up behind this woman, especially now that we know a lot more about her.
And you know what? I think the media outlets, as much as they hate Republicans and whatnot, are actually giving her a lot of face time to create the very backlash I'm having right now. I think it's a conspiracy. There are plenty of other qualified, intelligent, young, good-looking Republican pols out there, but Sarah Gidget Palin is the only one we hear about.
Bobby Jindal, where are you?
- H


2 comments:
"I think the media outlets, as much as they hate Republicans and whatnot" what about Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly, and Rush Limbaugh? CNN and MSNBC both slant pretty far to the right. We won't even get into Fox News. In the spirit of honest debate, you can't really say that "The media outlets are all left leaning thumb suckers" anymore. I just come here for your sewing and wit.
I'm talking about the three big networks. I don't consider myself Republican or Democrat, and I can hear the slant in the Big 3's coverage of politics. But I don't consider Glen Beck or Bill O'Reilly media outlets. I consider them television personalities hired to do an acting job. Of course Fox News is totally slanted to the right, but only Republicans watch it so I'm not sure it counts.
In the spirit of honest debate, I think it's fair to say a glossy magazine all about Sarah Palin is a little stomach-turning. But that's just my opinion, for better or worse.
Post a Comment