2/2/10

This is what jaded looks like

Penne's back. After a long hiatus, which means she didn't post anything for a coupla months, she came back to us and the world is a slightly funnier place now.

You should really go read how she practically knows Ree from The Pioneer Woman and while you're reading her story, you can just as well conclude that since I kind of know Penne in the way bloggers know each other, then I kinda know Ree too.

Which makes me feel good.

And slightly guilty.

Because as much as I love PWs blog and her horsies and her cooking and whatnot, I am also really slightly distrustful of anything that appears too good to be true.

Cause I really just don't know people like that in my real life. The people I know have to keep one shoulder against their closet doors to keep all the skeletons from falling out, you know what I'm saying?

Like the woman I know who broke up with her husband (whose mom is a crack addict and I don't mean she wears pants too low) for a while, then they reconciled and she decided to go out with him one night as a couple, kind of like a date night. When they showed up at whatever dive bar or trailer they were going to hang out in, his two sisters jumped her and literally beat her up. Fisticuffs. I kid you not. So they split up again and now there's rumors that he's been maybe stealing her prescription medication?

I don't know, I'm just saying that's the kind of thing I hear all the time.

But I have a little confession to make. I bought PWs cookbook. And tonight? Tonight I actually made my husband one of the steak sandwiches from the book. Except that I forgot to buy nice rolls at the grocery store so I had to put it on wheat toast, but he said it was good. I had a bite, too. It was good.

So all is well again.

- H

2 comments:

Little Girl::Big Glasses said...

Can we go back to the "his sisters jumped her" part? Wow.

Thanks for the sweet words - I'm happy I'm one degree of separation from that steak sandwich.

(BTW: We had PWs ginger steak salad last night - online/not in the cookbook - it is awesome.)

peony paperie said...

make her onion rings! If you want to gain 53 lbs. But worth it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...