4/5/10

Candy is the Devil


Whew. I'm alive. I have officially survived Sugar Week 2010.

Last weekend we had an action-packed birthday party for my oldest son, who turned 4.



Photo highlights for your viewing pleasure.



Then two days later his actual birthday fell on a weekday, so I was obligated to bring treats to school. Then Easter, and I swear there must have been three or four different baskets and candy-collecting stations around here?



By last night I barely recognized the wild-eyed, sleep deprived monsters that used to resemble my children.

Why is it that every single major holiday is somehow celebrated with candy? I think it's a conspiracy.

I also decided last week to take a few days off work and paint the kitchen porch. Maybe I'd lost all of my faculties when I made that decision, because the kitchen porch consists of thousands and thousands of white spindles. All that time and pain (pain, I tell you, I can barely walk today), and I've only just primed it all once! I still have to actually paint it.

Yesterday I was such a genius I left on my MBT rocker-walker shoes when I started painting. I'm going to give you a heads up, in case you own those shoes or you're considering painting or you're just curious - do NOT, I repeat, do NOT wear MBTs while painting that requires any sort of up and down motion with your legs. The added effort required to walk around in them will cause your back to break and your buns to become steel and all of this includes a lot of pain.

By the time I was done priming yesterday I was having back spasms.

Yeah, I know. I could have taken the shoes off, right?

I guess I was too caught up in what I was doing. Cause priming spindles is some seriously zen-type fun.

But the good news is my butt is firmer, my legs are firmer, my kitchen porch is white (even if it is just primer, it's white primer), and my kids are back to school today without any candy or sugar packets stashed in their pockets. I think. I didn't check them, I was so tired when I sent them off.

P.S. So far I've lost 7 pounds on Jenny Craig. Not bad. Mostly water weight, but I'll take it.

- H

3 comments:

Logical Libby said...

I was going to get some of those shoes. Then I realized that just smacked of effort.

Sara said...

We had a similar candy-overdose, sleep-deprivation week/weekend. I am thankful to sit at my desk and eat carrot sticks with my coffee today.

I have decided that from now on I am going to celebrate all holidays with $$$ instead of candy. I think my kids will enjoy it just as much!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on losing 7 pounds, that's fantastic! Keep up the great work and glad you survived sugar week! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...