Have y'all seen this new trend, so you think you're really something, huh?
Well, that's not really what they call it. They call it So You Think You're Crafty, or So You Think You Can Decorate, or whatever.
Recently, a very crafty (in the best sense of that word, not the kind that stencils apples on their kitchen cabinets) artista named Katie who has this awesome blog called Blue Eyed Freckle was entered into the latest round of So You Think You're Crafty. It was the round where you pick the things you think are coolest and then those crafters are entered as entrants or whatever. I'm getting tired just writing about the process, I can't imagine being a contestant!
Anyhoodle, I looked through all the entries and voted for the one and only thing I had any interest in making or learning to make or paying someone else to make for me - the beautiful bib necklace.
Ironically, one of the editors on Etsy wears a necklace like that one in her picture and when I emailed her to ask her where she got it, she wouldn't tell me! Can you believe that?! She said it came from Portugal or something. Whatever.
Well, the bib necklace belonged to Katie who doesn't live in Portugal (I don't think). And she didn't win. So boo hoo to them.
It just makes me kind of cringe, really, the whole so you think you're some hot shit, huh? phenomenamena. I mean, I get it. So you think you can dance. Great. Let's kill the spirit of some youngsters, nip it in the bud while we can so they'll decide to go to college instead of auditioning for countless off off off Memorial Parkway productions and live on someone's couch until they're forty. Fine. But this internet thing, I don't know.
I'm not feeling it. I like all the crafters. I don't want to stack one up against another. I think there is room for everyone; they're all crafty. They can all decorate. This isn't HGTV people, you know what I'm saying? Not that it can't be big money, I'm sure PW is doing alright with her gig.
Well, anyway, I found V and Co's blog, and she did exactly what I think we should be doing on the nets. She let anyone and everyone who had a tute or link or project or whatever, link it up. Beautiful. I found quite a few new ideas on that one.
Oh, and if you get a chance, check out Blue Eyed Freckle. Really, she's pretty crafty.
- H
4/6/10
That's what you think, loser.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
My friend Cathy makes *amazing* necklaces. I'll think I sent you the link on Facebook, but I'll go send it again. :)
Did you see the new Nordstrom catalog. The necklaces were tdf.
Hey Heather,
Long time stalker...
First off, I agree with this post - we should be out here supporting each other, not knocking each other down!
Second, I'm wondering if you can tell me where you go the images for your "I sew" button for your other blog - I love the simple images, and I'm wondering if they're available somewhere to use for a bit of decorating!
Thanks!
P.S. Great taste in names...I have a Griffin too. And I may have had a Cooper if I didn't already have a cousin by that name. Instead I have a Corben.
heather!!!!! How did I not see this post??? you are waaay too nice to me, and I am seriously loving you for saying these nice things about me. just for you i am going to work on that tutorial right away AND I plan on putting that neckpiece on my etsy. anyway, you are the bomb and such a great support.
Post a Comment