I've been a little tired lately. First, there was the new puppy in the house who cried at night and peed every five minutes. So every five minutes I was standing in the front yard with her, telling her to go potty. She did. She's well on her way to being potty trained, except for the part where she doesn't go potty in the house. That part is confusing to her.
Then there are the two children who live in this house with me. For a while there, the Small Boy was waking up in the night and crying for me. I'd bring him up to bed, he'd thrash around and make a lot of noise, kick, complain about stuff, and end up back in his crib happy as a clambake. I, on the other hand, was left wide awake, or at the very least only able to sleep another hour before the older one would come stumbling into my room to climb over me and hog the middle of the bed.
This went on for some time. Weeks.
This very week has been a bit challenging. Repeat of Small Boy's nighttime waking, which then served to wake puppy (who had actually been sleeping through the night for the past week or two, thank you very much), which then brought about a midnight stand in the front yard while she pottied, and then tromping back up to bed, and then bringing complaining Small Boy back down to his crib at 4:00, then another front yard stand while Ruby pottied because if I'm up, why can't she be up and after all there were voices in the house so she deserved to get up again.
Fridays are typically an office day for me. Which means I don't have to get dressed up, I just work from home and sit on conference calls most of the day. I put on my sweater knit lounge pants and a t-shirt. Then Cecilia, my cleaning lady who talks a lot, showed up, so I left the house for a while because it drives me nuts to be here while she's here and she comes on Fridays (yes, I need to revisit that idea).
I went where I always go when I need to get out of the house. Target. I shopped, stocked my cart full o' goodies, and came home. I was sitting at my desk, drafting a contract when I looked down.
My pants were on inside out.
Seams exposed.
Tag hanging out the back.
No wonder the girl behind me in line at Target looked at me funny.
- H
5/14/10
The good news is I had pants on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That's how everyone will be wearing them in the fall.
ROFLMAO!!! Oh boy...Thank you, Heather. I needed that...
i love it. It's not the same I know but most days I realize at some point in the day that my underwear is inside out. Did I just say that?
Ugh, Heather! You've been getting less sleep than I have, and I have a newborn!
Maybe the girl behind you was making mental note that the inside-out-pants look is the latest fashion trend. You never know. I've seen stranger things.
Post a Comment