This is the best day of the year. The day that dawns brighter than any other. The day that makes me giddy with happiness and feel instantly lighter.
My mom comes home today.
My parents are snowbirds. They live in Florida in the winter and here in St. Louis the rest of the year. They moved here five years ago, just in time for me to get married and have my first baby. I was nervous when they first told us they were coming. In hindsight, that must have been a little bit of temporary insanity because having them here is the Most Wonderful Thing in the World. Just ask my sons, who were fake crying in the car tonight because they said they wanted Grandma. Putting Griffin down to bed this week has been a breeze. I just tell him he needs to rest up because Grandma's coming home, and he settles down instantly.
They leave shortly after New Year's every year and come back right about now. And that, my friends, is a very good thing.
Happy Mother's Day to me!
- H
5/6/10
Happy Mother's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Happy Mother's Day indeed! Glad your mom is coming home!
yay for moms!!!! happy mother's day to you and your mom!!!
Yay! Maybe you'll get a day off!
That is wonderful about your mom! My mom is SUCH a huge help and a great friend to me; I would die if she weren't five minutes away from me year-round!
Heather, I think you are an AMAZING mother. You are fiercely devoted to your boys and always put their needs first. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day b/c you deserve it!
Ooops! Yeah that's pretty crazy but understandable with how little sleep you've been getting! Poor girl!
I will say though that once when we were kids my little cousin (probably age 8 or so) road his bike over to our house in just a t-shirt and undies. We said "Kevin, where are your pants?!" His response? "Oh...." and he got back on his bike and road home to get them! LOL! We still retell that story.
Hope you start getting some sleep soon! And thanks for your nice reply to my bedtime story -it made my day!
Post a Comment