I don't know what I'm doing with these two boys of mine most of the time, have I mentioned that lately? Oh, that's right. I did. When I told y'all about how I have no idea how to tackle poop-training. Potty-training I know how to do, but the poop part? No idea.
I was just mentally patting myself on the back for my ability to have a pretty rocking weekend despite being the only parent with the two hellcats, one giant idiot puppy who needs a freakish amount of exercise right now, and a cranky elderly dog, from Friday morning til 7:00 p.m. Sunday night. Somehow weekends alone seem so much harder than weekdays.
Anyhoodle, we did really well and I was totally proud of myself. Plus, it's a good skill to have, self-sufficiency. Just in case you ever need it.
We went to the Botanical Garden's Children's Garden with my mom, complete with Huck Finn tree house, rope bridges, sand boxes and splash areas. We sweated our way through the Climatron with the Dinoquest exhibit that was super cool. At every dino, Cooper said "is it real?" and seemed so bummed out that they weren't real. I think he's planning on telling the kids at school that he saw real dinos.
We went swimming twice - once at Grandma's pool and then this morning we went to our community pool when it opened. I think both boys went down the slide like a hundred and fifty times? That probably explains why Cooper napped for over two hours this afternoon. Score. Mommy got to finish two expense reports she's been procrastinating on.
So all of this mommy goodness and I was simply glowing! And then Cooper snuggled up next to me to watch his bedtime ritual of one episode of Spongebob Squarepants and he had a super urgent request for me.
"Mom, mom, can you make me a sign for my room?"
"Well, that depends. What kind of a sign do you want?"
"I want a circle like this, that goes around and around and around and a line through it. A line through it like this. And then I want it to say GRIFFIN IS NOT ALLOWED IN MY ROOM."
"Uh-huh."
"Uh-huh? Did you say uh-huh? Yes?!"
"No, I said uh-huh, I'm listening. I did not say I was going to make you a sign for your room that would keep your brother out."
"Oh. I want a sign to keep him out."
"He never goes up there without you anyway, Cooper."
"He's not allowed. I do not want him in my room."
"Sorry, Cooper. Your brother is allowed in your room. We aren't going to be nasty to each other around here."
"hrmph."
- H
6/13/10
I will not be making signs keeping one child out of the other child's room
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment